The SIAM International Meshing Roundtable Workshop 2023 solicits full papers for the upcoming conference. SIAM IMR 2023 will utilize a two-phased paper review process. Papers may either be accepted with or without revisions. For most cases where “accepted with revision” has been indicated by the first review, specific modifications will be requested prior to a final review and acceptance.
We are also accepting submissions for research notes, posters and meshing contest submissions.
Please follow formatting and submitting instructions for the appropriate submission type. Please read the instructions in their entirety.
Note that deadlines are all 11:59 pm Mountain Time (7:59 am Central European Time the next day).
- Call for papers: 18 May 2022
- Paper submission website open: 22 August 2022
Full paper submission deadline: 16 September 2022
- Extended full paper submission deadline: 23 September 2022
- Final paper notification of acceptance: 27 January 2023
- Final camera-ready papers due: 17 February 2023
- Mesh Generation and Modification
- Structured, unstructured, Cartesian, and hybrid meshing techniques
- High-order finite elements, and mesh generation
- Optimal meshing, centroidal Voronoi tessellation
- Mesh adaptation, metrics, and anisotropy
- Mesh refinement, coarsening, smoothing, untangling, optimization, simplification, and compression
- Dynamic mesh modifications such as moving meshes, level set methods, and mesh morphing
- AI for meshing
- Meshing for High-Performance and Distributed Computing
- Parallel mesh data structure
- Mesh partitioning and coloring
- Parallel meshing, mesh streaming, and real time meshing techniques
- Meshing for cloud computing
- CAD and Computational Geometry Issues for Meshing
- Geometry representation and translation: B-Rep NURBS, implicit surfaces, and volume data
- Surface reconstruction and domain generation
- Geometry preparation: CAD repair/cleanup, simplification, defeaturing, partitioning, decomposition, and imprint/merge
- Dimension reduction: medial axis transformation, Voronoi diagram, chordal axis transform, mid-surface, and other skeletal representations
- Virtual geometry and topology
- Implications and Applications for Meshing
- Finite element, finite volume analysis and modeling
- Geometric modeling
- Computer graphics and scientific visualization
- Other novel methodology and applications, such as isogeometric analysis
- Solution-driven adaptivity
- Application-specific novel meshing techniques
- For accepted papers, at least one author must register for the IMR. Participants may be an author of multiple papers.
- Each accepted paper must be presented at the IMR. Each IMR registrant will be limited to giving one paper presentation.
- The conference is currently planned to be held in person. Submitters should make themselves aware of the current travel restrictions/requirements.
- Full papers must have original and significant contribution in order to be accepted. All papers will be rigorously peer-reviewed by reviewers selected by the program committee.
- Final full papers must be submitted using the IMR Templates. Final papers will not be accepted in any other format.
- A completed “authorization to publish” or copyright agreement form will be required after acceptance of your paper. Details will be sent to authors of accepted papers.
- To submit visit the submission website at: https://www.openconf.org/imr2023/track1/openconf.php
Full papers are limited to 12 pages in length (US letter size), excluding references, and including figures, tables, and appendices.
Authors must use the IMR Templates for all submissions, while strictly following the guidelines provided above for each submission type.
The review process this year will be double blind. Please follow these guidelines:
- Do not include author names or affiliations anywhere in the manuscript, or in any Supplementary Information files (or in any file names).
- Do not include any author names in the Acknowledgments section in the manuscript on submission (though please do include information about funding). Author names can be added to the Acknowledgments section after completion of the peer-review process.
- Do not include work in the reference list that has not yet been accepted for publication.
- When referring to your own work within the paper, avoid using terminology that might reveal your identity, e.g., avoid phrases such as “we have previously shown [citation]”.
Authors requiring travel authorisation may contact us ahead of time for a preliminary decision. One will be provided when reviewer and advocate comments are received.
Final Camera-Ready Submission
Only PDF files are accepted for the final camera-ready submission and must conform strictly to the identified format guidelines. Final submissions for accepted papers must be received by 17 February 2023, via the paper submission website.
Call for Reviewers
Recall that the organising committee of the SIAM IMR 2023 is looking for reviewers.
If you are able to review, please go to the OpenConf website and, under Review and Program Committees, enter the code
revkey23 and click Enter.
If you have questions about the Call for Papers or paper submission process contact:
Eloi Ruiz-Gironés, Papers Chair
Barcelona Supercomputing Center - BSC
Rubén Sevilla, Papers Chair